How To Make An Application
Further to recent communications from the RPA, we understand that the likelihood of additional funds for LEADER areas demonstrating high demand has reduced. As a consequence, due to the number of Expressions of Interest received to date significantly exceeding our allocation, we are closing the Programme to new Expressions of Interest.
The Programme will close to any further Expressions of Interest in two weeks’ time, with the last Expression of Interest being accepted at 5pm on Friday 16 February 2018.
Please be aware that the remaining funds in the Programme will be subject to strong competition, however we will retain the existing procedures to allocate funds. This means:
- A project will only be allocated funding when we receive a fully complete and eligible Full Application form, funding remains available and the Panel approves the application. Any Full Applications submitted MUST be fully completed and all supporting information required provided. Applications with information missing or incomplete will be returned.
- The table below summarises the Panel dates together with submission deadlines for completed Full Applications.
|Full Application Deadline||Panel Meeting Date|
|20 February 2018||1 May 2018|
|24 April 2018||3 July 2018|
|26 June 2018||4 September 2018|
|28 August 2018||6 November 2018|
- Once funding is fully allocated, subsequent Panels may be cancelled.
- The level of competition should not be underestimated, so work on the application is at your own risk.
- We will continue to work with the RPA to request further funding, however current indications are that this is unlikely.
- If your application is also eligible for another grant, then we would encourage you to apply to that funder rather than LEADER.
Applications for funding will only be accepted if they relate to one of the calls for projects listed on the ‘Current Opportunities’ page.
We are operating a two stage application process starting with an Expression of Interest (EoI) Form. If your EoI has been fully completed and is found to be eligible to proceed through the Completeness and Eligibility Check completed by the Programme Manager, you will then be invited to make a Full Application. The results of these checks along with feedback on your EoI will be provided within 10 working days of your submission.
If invited to proceed to the Full Application stage, applicants will be provided with a Full Application Form and Guidance Notes. A sample of these documents can be viewed by clicking the links. Applicants will also be reminded of the deadline dates for Full Applications to be submitted.
EoI’s can be submitted at anytime. Applications considered to be eligible will be invited to make a Full Application. Completed Full Applications will then be considered by the Executive Group at their next available meeting. For a list of planned Executive Group meeting dates for 2018 please see the Executive Group Meetings page.
Levels of demand will be communicated as early as possible in order to reduce the risk to prospective applicants.
It is highly advisable that you either or call Amy on 01439 772700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project in advance of completing the EoI Form.
A copy of the Outline Application Form and Guidance notes can be downloaded from below but please ensure you read the Guidance Notes, Call for Projects document and the relevant sections of this website carefully before completing and submitting your EoI.
*Please note that this list is intended as a guide only at this stage and has not been finalised – it is possible further items may be added or removed. If you have any questions please check directly with the Programme – tel: 01439 772700 or email email@example.com