Help and Advice
There are a range of sources of help and advice available to help you develop your project idea and application. We would however also advise you making contacting with the Programme to discuss your project idea and check you are eligible to apply before making your application.
Contact: Amy Thomas on 01439 772700 or email email@example.com
Considering the match funding element required for your project at an early a stage as possible is crucial. All applications for LEADER funding will require private match funding.
No source of public funding is eligible to be used as match funding in your project.
You should always consider which sources of funding are most appropriate for your project as LEADER may not always be the best fit. You should make sure you check out other potential sources of funding first. This list below may help you to do this.
- Countryside Productivity (RDPE) – Capital Grants
- Countryside Productivity (RDPE) – Woodland and Forestry
- Grants and Payments for Farmers and Land Managers
- North York Moors National Park – Community Grants
- North York Moors National Park – Local Distinctiveness and Tourism Grants
- North York Moors National Park – Traditional Boundary Scheme Grants
- Big Lottery
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- Princes Countryside Fund
- Hambleton District Council
- Ryedale District Council – Community Grants
- Ryedale District Council – Business Advice
- Scarborough Borough Council – Business Development Grants
- Redcar and Cleveland Council
For large scale projects it might also be worth having a look at the funding that may be available through your Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP). The LEPs have significant allocations of European Structural Funds which may be more suitable for your project.
LEADER Programme staff will always share any Outline Application Form that is submitted to us with the LEP teams to ensure that each project is directed to the most appropriate source of help, advice and support.