Details of any opportunities offered by the Programme will be listed here as and when they become available. Varying amounts of our budget have been allocated to each of the six priorities in each year of the Programme. The available funds may be used to support projects the Programme has developed to meet an identified need or demand, and so we can offer grant opportunities for individuals, business and communities to apply for.
In November 2016 four Calls for Projects were opened:
- Farm Productivity ;
- M&S Business and Farm Diversification;
- Rural Tourism; and
- Forestry Productivity.
In March 2017, the existing four Calls for Projects were joined by two more:
If you are interested in making an application to the Programme then please ensure you read the relevant Call for Projects, and carefully check whether you are eligible to apply by completing the self-assessment form ‘Am I Eligible To Apply?’.
If you are able to answer all the questions in the Am I Eligible To Apply sheet and you wish to proceed in making an application to the Programme, please move to the How To Make An Application page where you will find all guidance and application forms.
Further to recent communications from the RPA, we understand that the likelihood of additional funds for LEADER areas demonstrating high demand has reduced. As a consequence, due to the number of Expressions of Interest received to date significantly exceeding our allocation, we are closing the Programme to new Expressions of Interest.
The Programme will close to any further Expressions of Interest in two weeks’ time, last Expression of Interest being accepted at 5pm on Friday 16 February 2018.
You should be aware that the remaining funds in the Programme will be subject to strong competition, however we will retain the existing procedures to allocate funds. This means:
- A project will only be allocated funding when we receive a fully complete and eligible Full Application form, funding remains available and the Panel approves the application. Any Full Applications submitted MUST be fully completed and all supporting information required provided. Applications with information missing or incomplete will be returned.
- The table below summarises the Panel dates together with submission deadlines for completed Full Applications.
|Full Application Deadline||Panel Meeting Date|
|20 February 2018||1 May 2018|
|24 April 2018||3 July 2018|
|26 June 2018||4 September 2018|
|28 August 2018||6 November 2018|
- Once funding is fully allocated, subsequent Panels may be cancelled.
- The level of competition should not be underestimated, so work on the application is at your own risk.
- We will continue to work with the RPA to request further funding, however current indications are that this is unlikely.
- If your application is also eligible for another grant, then we would encourage you to apply to that funder rather than LEADER.